Ratify ERA Illinois
On April 11th, 2018 the IL Senate voted to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment with a 43-12 vote! Now it is on to the IL House. First, it is scheduled for hearings in the Human Services Committee. It must pass there before being brought to the floor of the House for a vote. The first hearing is scheduled for Monday, May 7th at 10 am in Chicago. The second hearing will be Wed or Thurs, the same week, in Springfield. Please come show your support at the hearings.
The IL General Assembly legislative session ends on May 31st. Let’s do everything we can to get it passed before then!
The ERA in Illinois has recieved some important and high-profile endorsements:
Ways to show your support
Pack the Hearing for the Ratification of the ERA
Help make Herstory! Join us in Chicago and let’s pack the room with supporters of equal rights! It’s time, Illinois. Event info here.
- Log in or fill out your personal identification information as prompted.
- Enter your organization or “Self” or “None” under “Firm/business or agency.”)
- Enter your job title or “Self” under “Title”.
- Under “Persons, groups, firms represented in this appearance,” enter your organization or “Self” or “None”.
- Select the <Select Subject Matter> pull down menu and select “SJRCA 4”.
- Check “Proponent” in the position section.
- Check the box marked “Record of Appearance Only” in the testimony section.
- Enter CAPTCHA and agree to terms of service.
- Click “Create Slip.”
The Rally begins at 12pm at the Illinois State Capitol in Springfield at the Lincoln Statue! Let’s show the Illinois General Assembly how many people from across Illinois expect to see this issue ratified in the House this May!! Visit the event page for info on free bus rides.
Volunteer your time to phone bank for the ERA from anywhere. All you need is a computer/tablet and a phone. For more information, sign up here.
All profits go toward ERA ratification in Illinois. Buy online here.
What is your State Rep’s Stance?
- La Shawn K. Ford (D-8)
- Michael McAuliffe (R-20)
- Mary E. Flowers (D-31)
- Margo McDermed (R-37)
- Grant Wehrli (R-41)
- Christine Winger (R-45)
- Patricia R. Bellock (R-47)
- Mike Fortner (R-49)
- Keith R. Wheeler (R-50)
- David Harris (R-53)
- Rita Mayfield (D-60)
- Sheri Jesiel (R-61)
- Barbara Wheeler (R-64)
- John Cabello (R-68)
- Robert W. Pritchard (R-70)
- Ryan Spain (R-73)
- David Welter (R-75)
- Jerry Lee Long (R-76)
- Lindsay Parkhurst (R-79)
- Anthony DeLuca (D-80)
- David Olsen (R-81)
- Jim Durkin (R-82)
- Brian W. Stewart (R-89)
- Michael Unes (R-91)
- Norine K. Hammond (R-93)
- Avery Bourne (R-95)
- Sue Scherer (D-96)
- Mark Batinick (R-97)
- Sara Wojcicki Jimenez (R-99)
- C.D. Davidsmeyer (R-100)
- Reginald Phillips (R-110)
- Terri Bryant (R-115)
- Jerry Costello (D-116)
For a spreadsheet with contact information and more details about these Reps, click here.